VISIT SEATTLE SHARED SOCIAL CONTENT
PARTICIPANT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read these terms and conditions (“Agreement”) carefully as they constitute a legally binding agreement between the person who submits Content (as defined below) and/or response to a Visit Seattle request with the appropriate hashtag listed below (“you”) and Seattle-King County Convention and Visitors Bureau d/b/a Visit Seattle (“Visit Seattle” or “us”).
If you reply to Visit Seattle’s request (including requests made through its affiliated handle weSEAlove) to provide Content (as defined below) and participate in Chute (a content aggregation tool used by Visit Seattle) with the hashtag #ShareSeattle or #yesPride, you are indicating that you agree to all the terms and conditions of this Agreement without modification. If you do not agree, please do not respond to our requests or otherwise submit Content to us.
Your License to Us
You hereby grant Visit Seattle and its affiliates, subsidiaries, successors, assigns, licensees, sub-licensees, agents and Visit Seattle partners a perpetual and irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, unrestricted, perpetual sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) and transferable right and license to use, copy, transmit, publish or otherwise distribute, modify, create derivative works based upon, incorporate into other works, publicly perform and display the photographs or audiovisual materials you provide to us in connection with the #ShareSeattle or #yesPride hashtag (the “Content”)or any portion thereof, in or through any medium, whether now known or hereafter created (including, but not limited to, on the Visit Seattle or weSEAlove Facebook, Instagram, Twitter pages and posts both owned and paid, any websites owned or controlled by Visit Seattle, its affiliates or anyone acting on Visit Seattle’s authority, and in e-mails, digital and print advertising) for any and all lawful purposes without compensation to you. You fully and forever waive any rights to any compensation that you may have under law from Visit Seattle, its affiliates, contractors, members, owners, agents, representatives and employees (“Visit Seattle Parties”) in relation to your Content and this Agreement. Please note that this license includes the right for Visit Seattle to license your Content to third-parties for a fee without payment of any kind to you. You agree to execute documents, instruments or agreements confirming such right and license at Visit Seattle’s reasonable request. Visit Seattle is not required to host, display, or distribute any Content and may remove Content at any time or refuse Content for any reason. Visit Seattle is not responsible for any loss, theft, misuse or damage of any kind to your Content.
Requirements for Your Content/#ShareSeattle or #yesPride Response
You represent, warrant and agree that:
- You are at least 18 years of age, you have the legal right to enter into this Agreement and you are not impersonating anyone else;
- You are solely responsible for your Content;
- You own all rights in and to your Content including without limitation, all rights to the text, photography, graphics, audio, video and/or digital recording and performance and any other materials/elements contained in your Content (if any) and/or you have acquired all necessary rights to the materials/elements appearing in your Content, including the right to include other individual’s images or otherwise depict identified or identifiable individuals (whether living, dead or fictional) to enable you to grant the rights to Visit Seattle as described herein;
- Your Content is wholly original and does not infringe on the copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or any other intellectual property rights, privacy rights, rights of publicity or any other legal or moral rights of any third party individual or entity;
- You voluntarily agree to forever waive all “moral rights” that you may have to your Content, including any right of attribution;
- Any information contained in your Content is not known to you to be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- Your Content does not violate any law, ordinance, or regulation;
- You were not and will not be compensated or granted any consideration by Visit Seattle or any third party for submitting or use of your Content;
- Your Content does not incorporate any personally identifiable information of anyone other than yourself;
- Your Content does not reflect negatively in any way upon Seattle, Visit Seattle, or their marketing, advertising, commercial or promotional efforts.
Credit for Content
Visit Seattle shall exercise reasonable efforts to include credit to you when using the Content, provided that the details such as your name and/or social media identity (i.e., Instagram handle) are included by you. Under no circumstance shall a failure to include credit by Visit Seattle directors, officers, agents, employees or sub-licensees constitute a breach of this Agreement.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Visit Seattle, its affiliates, contractors, members, owners, agents, representatives and employees from and against any and all claims, causes of action, suits, liabilities, damages, losses, costs and expenses brought against or incurred by them to the extent arising out of or caused by your Content or your failure to comply with this Agreement.