June 8, 2015
(206) 461-5805, email@example.com
Seattle Celebrates Golf with U.S. Open Championship Fan Opportunities
Hotel rooms, practice round tickets and the ultimate fan experience
SEATTLE – While the U.S. Open Championship at Chambers Bay Golf Course, just 39 miles south of Seattle, may be sold out, there are still opportunities to be a part of the festivities throughout the greater Seattle area. Ticketed practice rounds and free admission to fan activities make golf accessible, while hotel availability makes staying in Seattle easy.
Visit Seattle’s One-Stop Hotel and Trip Planning Resource Puts All the Information in One Place
- Visit Seattle’s U.S. Open microsite is devoted to all things U.S. Open. Hotel rooms are available at more than 25 hotels for golf fans traveling to the greater Seattle area, bookable at visitseattle.org/usopen. The microsite is also the perfect place to find ideas and plan a visit to Seattle during the U.S. Open. Learn about transportation options from the airport, around Seattle and from downtown Seattle to Chambers Bay, as well as food and activity options in Seattle.
See Golf’s Greats at the U.S. Open Championship Practice Round
- Chamber’s Bay, University Place, WA (39 miles south of Seattle
- Tickets are still available for the practice rounds of the Championship. Players will have the option of starting practice rounds at the first or 10th tee. Players electing to play a full round generally begin between 7 a.m. and 3 p.m. It is typical for players to be on the golf course or practice areas until at least 7 p.m. For tickets, visit usga.org/tickets.
- June 15 (Gates open 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.)
- June 16 (Gates open 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.)
- June 17 (Gates open 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.)
“Open for All”™ Fan Experience Celebrates Golf, Golf and More Golf
Seattle’s South Lake Union neighborhood
- The USGA is bringing the excitement of the Championship beyond the competitive venue at Chambers Bay and into the greater Seattle area. From June 17-21, the “Open for All”™ Fan Experience will take over Lake Union Park with interactive golf exhibits, a Jumbo-tron screen for viewing live action, an “Epic Putt Challenge,” and food and beverages from regional vendors. The U.S. Open Championship Trophy will be onsite for photo opportunities as well. For information on “Open for All”™ Fan Experience, visit usopen.com.
- June 17 – Opening Night Celebration – 5 p.m. – 9 p.m. PDT
- June 18 – First-Round Viewing – Noon – 7 p.m. PDT
- June 19 – Second-Round Viewing – Noon – 7 p.m. PDT
- June 20 – Third-Round Viewing – Noon – 7 p.m. PDT
- June 21 – Fourth-Round Viewing – Noon – 7 p.m. PDT
About Visit Seattle:
Visit Seattle, a private, nonprofit marketing organization, has served as Seattle/King County’s official destination marketing organization (DMO) for more than 50 years. The goal of these marketing efforts is to enhance the employment opportunities and economic prosperity of the region.
# # #