Seattle has the second-largest percentage of gay, lesbian or bisexual residents among large cities in the U.S. The lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community here is strong, cohesive and offers a wide range of resources for community members and visiting
community members. Here’s a selection.
– A bisexual non-profit, mixed gender, social and support organization created to foster a visible community for bisexual, bi-curious people, and their partners in the Puget Sound area. We support the community through educational speakings, support groups and social events.
Gay City Health Project
– Multicultural gay men's health organization and the leading provider of HIV and STD testing in King County.
Human Rights Campaign Seattle
– A local volunteer steering committee of the Human Rights Campaign.
Imperial Sovereign Court of Seattle, Olympic & Rainier Empire
– Non-profit social/charitable organization whose purpose is to provide funds and services to other non-profits within the gay and lesbian community of Seattle and King County Washington.
Lesbian Resource Center
– The Lesbian Resource Center is a community-based organization committed to advancing the status of lesbians by combating all forms of oppression and by promoting empowerment, visibility, and social change.
Lifelong Aids Alliance
– The Pacific Northwest’s leading AIDS service organization.
NW Lesbian and Gay History Museum Project
– Founded in 1994, NWLGHMP is an organization which researches, interprets and communicates the history of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people in the Pacific Northwest for the purposes of study, education and enjoyment.
Rainbow Families of Puget Sound
– To help LGBT families in the Puget Sound region to form strong community ties and spend time with other families like their own.
Seattle Gay News
– The third oldest gay and lesbian newspaper publication in the U.S.
Seattle LGBT Commission
– The role of the commission is to effectively address and present the concerns of LGBT citizens of Seattle to the Mayor, City Council and all city Departments. The commission recommends legislation, policy, programs and budget items to the mayor, city council and city departments.
Seattle Out & Proud
– Coordinates and promotes LGBT pride events in Seattle and the Pacific Northwest that celebrate the present, envision the future and honor the past.
Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence
– The Abbey of St. Joan is a non-profit organization comprised of men and women dedicated to the support, education, and development of the LGBT community.