Seattle-Tacoma International Airport(referred to locally as “Sea-Tac”)is the primary gateway airport for Seattle and Western Washington. It’s the 17th busiest airport in the U.S., serving 32 million passengers each year. Located15 miles from downtown Seattle, plan for 45 minutes to get into town after claiming your luggage.
Ground transportation Info:
- Many car rental companies have information counters in the baggage claim area. Search car rental companies
- Seattle’s new Link Light Rail system connects the airport terminal with Westlake Center in downtown Seattle and. There are 11 stops along the way. Travel times range from 30 to 40 minutes.
Airport Shuttles and Courtesy Vehicles:
- Airporter Shuttle and Downtown Airporter by Gray Line pick up and drop off passengers in the parking lot outside of door 00 at the south end of the baggage claim level.
- Shuttles for Kenmore Air and other local air services pick up passengers at island two on the third floor of the parking garage.
Taxis and Limousines:
- Taxi stands are located on the third floor of the airport parking garage. Passengers for courtesy vans are picked up there as well.
- Metro and Sound Transit buses are available outside door six by baggage carousel five, on the baggage claim level.
Parking at the Airport:
- The Sea-Tac parking garage, connected to the main terminal via sky bridges on the fourth floor, offers valet, hourly, long-term and reduced weekly rates.
- A Cell Phone Waiting Lot allows drivers to wait for free for up to 30 minutes until arriving passengers have deplaned, collected luggage and called to be picked up outside of Baggage Claim. The lot is located just before entering the airport from Highway 518.