Visit Seattle is currently looking for exceptional students to fill our internship positions:
- Marketing Internship - Summer (June-August)
- Public Relations Internship - Fall (September-December)
The Marketing Intern's primary responsibility will be to assist the Marketing department with quick tasks, support inter-departmental projects and work closely with our Graphic Design department.
Scope of work:
Responsibilities may include research of Visit Seattle advertising, branding and verbiage, social media tools and innovations. This position will also require attendance at some post-working hour events, weekly marketing meetings and some administrative work as needed.
This position is open to a Junior or Senior marketing student interested in gaining real world experience working in the leisure tourism industry.
- Must currently be Junior or Senior in college, majoring in a Marketing or Hospitality related field.
- Discretion, self-motivation, diplomacy and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team are essential qualities.
- Knowledge and respect of corporate branding and advertising principles.
- Understanding of and interest in social media marketing platforms.
20 hours per week
Unpaid; will provide bus pass
PUBLIC RELATIONS INTERNSHIP
The Public Relations/Communications Internship allows college students to become involved in, and learn about, both the tourism industry and professional public relations.
Scope of work:
Intern will participate in a number of projects, including but not limited to:
- Assisting visiting journalists: This may require fact checking of stories, coordinating photos, arranging interviews and working with local hotels, restaurants and attractions
- Assisting with web site posting, editing and photo procurement
- Writing, editing and researching for press releases, newsletters, reports, publications and other organizational documents
- Photo library maintenance and development; storing and organizing new and existing photos
- Developing media lists and editorial calendars
- Responding to media requests for in-depth information
- Assembling press kits, maintaining photo/video library and general office coordination and assistance.
- Tracking media coverage through the department’s clipping service and compiling reports
- Assisting with publications, website postings and other organizational communication projects such as annual reports, organizational newsletters and more
- Assisting with social media posting, tracking and planning
This position is open to a Junior or Senior communications student interested in gaining real world experience working in an in-house PR and communications department.
The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Senior undergraduate standing (junior, graduate students and recent graduates considered)
- Excellent research, writing and communication skills
- Social media understanding, experience preferred
- Graphic design, HTML knowledge/experience/interest preferred
20 hours per week
Fall (3- and 6-month internships)
Unpaid, will provide bus pass
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
Visit Seattle is an equal opportunity employer. It is Visit Seattle's policy that employees and prospective employees be treated with respect and without discrimination because of their age, marital status, race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability, the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a disabled person, or any other legally-protected status. It is our policy to conform to all applicable laws and regulations affecting all protected classes. It is Visit Seattle’s policy to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act and other laws prohibiting discrimination against applicants or employees with disabilities. Visit Seattle will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with known physical or mental disabilities in all the terms and conditions of employment, including the recruitment and hiring process.